On 6:02 PM by Rachel Preston in Inspiration
I fell in love with legendary English designer Paul Smith's photography when I saw myself in it...
I was watching the Sundance Channel and Grey Goose Entertainment's Iconocasts: Jamie Oliver and Paul Smith .
I love taking photos. Actually, the doctor who discovered that I was going blind and tried to stop it suggested that I do it. He told me that I needed to start taking photos so I could "burn those ideas into my memory" for when I couldn't see anymore - that way I could remember. It's kindof an awesome sentiment, even if a tad romantic, I think.
Lucky me, 10 years later, I am part blind... but I can still see. And I love telling stories in photos. I think that's why I love Paul Smith's photos. They do too - tell stories. Plus, he's like the reverse version of me... All my designing is just starting to form where his has already been perfected. Of course he's an awesome example to model oneself after!
His photography is more of a journal of sorts... I LOVE this! and I'm using him for inspiration!!!!
Here's MY journal from the past few days:
Thanks Paul, wherever you are. You are totally awesome. I hope I can come absorb your awesome in person someday.
Love, Rachel
I was watching the Sundance Channel and Grey Goose Entertainment's Iconocasts: Jamie Oliver and Paul Smith .
I love taking photos. Actually, the doctor who discovered that I was going blind and tried to stop it suggested that I do it. He told me that I needed to start taking photos so I could "burn those ideas into my memory" for when I couldn't see anymore - that way I could remember. It's kindof an awesome sentiment, even if a tad romantic, I think.
Lucky me, 10 years later, I am part blind... but I can still see. And I love telling stories in photos. I think that's why I love Paul Smith's photos. They do too - tell stories. Plus, he's like the reverse version of me... All my designing is just starting to form where his has already been perfected. Of course he's an awesome example to model oneself after!
His photography is more of a journal of sorts... I LOVE this! and I'm using him for inspiration!!!!
Here's MY journal from the past few days:
Thanks Paul, wherever you are. You are totally awesome. I hope I can come absorb your awesome in person someday.
Love, Rachel
Search
Categories
A-School
About Me
ABQ
Archaeo-Architecture
Archaeology
Architectural Musings
Architectural Travel
Architecture Criticism
Architecture Inspirations
Architecture Internship
Architecture Movies
Art Inspirations
Books worth a Look
Colorado
Fashion
Gratitude
Great Design
Great Quotes
Historic building materials
Historic Building Periods
Inspiration
Leadership
Movies Worth Watching
My Art
My Life
My Writing
New Mexico
Photography
Poetry
Preservation
Recipes
Santa Fe
SEED
Storytelling
Sustainability
Taos
TEDx
Popular Posts
-
Once upon a time ten thousand years ago the first Ziggurat was built in the desert lands of a great king a half a world away. Not so lo...
-
This exquisite table top icon of Our Lady of Guadalupe is in a private collection I was lucky enough to get to see recently. It is the work...
-
This is the queen of the Earthships. She's called the Phoenix and she's gorgeous. She's also available for sale for $1.5million...
-
A few shots of my girlfriend Cherie's fabulous home in Bernalillo, which she just listed on the market... it feels like a quiet oasis ...
-
We visited the earthships as a part of the UNM-Taos Sustainability Institute Humanitarian Design Seminar this past week. Here are some hig...
-
Some still shots from the sites we hope to shoot and themes we will be exploring for a program we are producing for our non-profit Archite...
-
So, a few weeks ago, USAToday posted a list of the 25 essential buildings to see in New Mexico that they got from the AIA. I personally th...
-
So I recently was made aware that there is a 10 year old little girl who is coming to Santa Fe and loves architecture. Her dad reached ...
-
This simple primer is a brief overview of the material covered in New Mexico Historic District Tax Credit workshops. These financial incen...
-
How can it possibly be more beautiful? Melinda LittleJohn is one of our local Taos art heroes, in my book!
All rights reserved.. Powered by Blogger.